29 June 2006

Day 123: A Short Update

"We still have some drops of eager blood in our family, and we are ready to offer them in the path of God whenever it is necessary."

- The family of Mr. Hidayatu'llah Dihqani responding to a message of sympathy
from the Baha'i World Centre following Mr. Dihqani's martyrdom


I returned from Arusha yesterday. Whew, what a looong ride on the bus! I took a quick jaunt over to the Ngorongoro Crater, which was really spectacular. Arriving home to an empty house was really depressing. The place is usually so noisy and lively, but it seems dead with just me here.

When I came to my room I found a little note on my bed: "Dear Bryan, I miss you allready, I love you - Love, May." The spelling mistake is priceless. =) On the day I left, which was the day before they went to Australia, she and Mitra dropped me at the taxi stand. She gave me a hug and said, "You know, we don't have to cry or anything because we're coming back." As I was on the way to the bus station, Mitra sent me a message telling me that May was crying and saying she didn't want to go to Australia anymore. How touching!

Today, I found out that Mitra asked the cook to come on that days that I'm in town, and the maid dropped by to make sure I was all right. I also have a guest this evening, Myrte, who is on her way back home to the Netherlands. She's been doing service at Ruaha, but needed to stop over a night before catching her flight. In the morning I go with her to the airport to drop her off and pick up another volunteer coming to Iringa with me.

There are plenty of pictures on the Flickr site, so go check them out. Unfortunately not all of them have descriptions yet. I'll get around to that at some point.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bryan,

Good to see you are busy and happy! Hope all is well.

Love from Arkansas,


Jim Armstrong
arbahai9@swbell.net